Florida Friendly Landscape Grants
A matching grants program for nonprofit organizations to promote landscaping projects on public land.
The Florida Friendly Landscape Grant awards local non-profits with funding to undertake beautification projects on public land that showcase creative landscaping with native plants and feature minimal supplementary irrigation and other required maintenance.
Keep Brevard Beautiful administers up to $10,000 in grant funding annually from the Brevard County Board of County Commissioners to a variety of local projects, with an average award of about $2,000 per selected project on a reimbursement basis. Grant awardees must contribute at least 50% match via in-kind donations or services.
Project Elements For Grantees
- planning and design
- obtaining permission from the government agency that owns the land upon which the project is to be built
- soil preparation
- plant selection and installation
- installation of required signage
- at least two years of maintenance
- improvement of aesthetic value
- use of imaginative design concepts
- contribution to noise abatement
- visual screening
- correction of environmental problems
- contribution to an area-wide or regional beautification plan (for example: consider designing a landscape that will achieve Lagoon Friendly Lawns certification)
Dates & Deadlines
- Informational Workshop: October 2nd
- Applications available: September 26th
- Application deadline: November 27th
- Notification to recipients: February 1st
- Project completion deadline: April 30th
- Banana Bay Condominium – Waterfront Beautification: $1,625.65
- Brevard Botanical Garden – Hummingbird Garden: $788.48
- Hope Episcopal Church – Land Restoration: $714.00
- Lockmar Elementary Butterfly Garden: $1,185.00
- Total Awarded: $4,313.13
- Matching Funds: $15,813.42
Total Beautification Projects: $20,126.55
For comments or questions concerning the Florida Friendly Landscape Grants program, please contact grant administrator Allison Arteaga.